Thursday 4 October 2007

More changes

Well, yet another change to the Character aspect of the project. It's funny, because even though on the surface the charcter is what the project is about, in reality the project is about the character's brains.

My project supervisor brought this article on the bbc website to my attention: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6992613.stm

It talks about an AI character which lives in Second Life.

As I read the article, it just seems that this would solve a lot of my character issues, allowing me to spend even more of my time looking at the brains of this character. I've also been advised by my project supervisor that included natural language in the character may make it much more difficult, and that perhaps I should just concentrate on making the character autonomous in it's action. I'm not too sure about that yet, because that would require me to completely change my aim. Much thought to come!

No comments: