Thursday 25 October 2007

VR and Project

Since recommencing Uni I have started a module called "Virtual Reality". The assessment for this particular module includes a group projected designing and animating a 3D character... sound familiar?

So it seems my issues regarding actually creating the character may have been solved by allowing someone more talented than me to create it. Interestingly, Simant suggested that my character might not necessarily by humanoid, as I had always referred to it until that point. I guess I had always assumed that it would be easier to generate an emotive response with a humanoid character.

Speech (or rather text) is looking more and more like it won't be possible in the alloted time, so the interface is looking more like a character and a selection of buttons representing actions - this actions might include things like smiling or poking and words/phrases like "Hello!" and "You smell!" etc. As you do something to the character it will respond with gestures, and perhaps some stock phrases (e.g. "I'm sad").

The prolog Emotion Engine will hopefully be started today, or tomorrow morning.

No comments: