Thursday 13 September 2007

Animation worries relieved!

The original blurb mentioned using a tool called Maya 3D to create the character itself. The only problem is that I have never done any 3D animation, and to create an entire person and then animate and control it was beginning to look like a daunting task.

I have now come across some pre-made characters on the internet, which will remove the need to create it out of my list of tasks - this therefore gives me more time to explore the "brains" behind the autonomous character and also the interface to control the animation!

It's worth mentioning that the project supervisor (one Simant Prakoonwit) made it clear to me that the animation wasn't the real purpose of the project and that any quality of animation would be acceptable. Therefore it seems unlikely that the use of a premade character will cause any problems.

Here are just a few of the sites I have found. It seems quite likely at first look that I may use a character called Generi (from the first site listed) as this is also released for non-profit use.

No comments: