Thursday 13 September 2007

Third Year Project

Hi. Welcome to this blog.

The aim of this blog is for me to keep an easy record of the progress on my third year project. I'm a student at the University of Reading, studying for a batchelors degree in Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics. For the third year, rather than a dissertation we are required to do a third year project.

The aim of this blog is to record my progress at various stages (which may be useful later when doing reports etc.) and also to give me a way to share some of what I find. Also, I guess it will give me a chance to think aloud about my project.

I suppose I should mention a little of the project too. The project, titled simply "Virtual Character" is a potentially rather large project through which I should choose my own path. The general idea is to create a virtual humanoid character (or "avatar") with the capacity to communicate with more than words alone.

This is the given blurb:
The aim of the project is to construct an intelligent 3D virtual character that has intelligent behaviour. The avatar should demonstrate personality, emotions and goals.... The characters can be used in many applications, e.g. computer games, films [or] communication interfaces.

No comments: